Sunday, October 10, 2010

An amazing moement in my heart

Well I know its been a few months since I started this blog but I am still slowly learning how it all works. I am inspired by my daughter's blog who is away at college and trying to follow her good example. I had the most amazing experience at church today while in sacrement meeting. I began to think of all the walking miracles in our ward and how blessed we have been. I realize so many families have been challenged and tested in many ways and it is so amazing to me that I am surrounded by so many strong and faithful people. I am so humbled and strenghthened by their faith and strength. Through all the obstacles that have come they're way they are all still so strong in their faith and commitment to the Lord and in the world that we live in today that is truely amazing. I am so greatful to be a part of such an amazing gospel family and I am so greatful for the knowledge of the gospel and the comfort it gives me each day. I know that bad or tough things happen to good people but that doesn't mean the Lord is not aware of us or watching over us, sometimes maybe he is just trying to strengthen us or use us as a tool to touch others hearts but he loves us, all of us and that is so reassuring to me.

3 comments:

  1. What wonderful insight. I love it when moments like this occur. Keep on blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love the recharging that happens @ church! With my little ones it's difficult to focus on anything other than not spilling cheerios and taking turns with the coloring books, but I cherish the nuggets of inspiration I glean from the speakers and fellow ward members.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw I miss my home ward! I'll get to go this week though. Yes. This reminded me of a quote I heard in institute I think. "What some saints fail to remember is that the rain beats down on the house on the sand and the house on the rock." I think we forget that the Lord isn't here to take away our trials, he's here to make sure we get through them. I miss you guys! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete